Product review for Mindfulness for Beginners: Reclaiming the Present Moment and Your Life(Book & CD))
An Invitation to the Method of Mindfulness
We might long for wholeness, recommends Jon Kabat-Zinn, however the truth is that it is currently below and also currently ours. The practice of mindfulness holds the possibility of not just a short lived feeling of contentment, but a true embracing of a deeper unity that wraps up and penetrates our lives. With Mindfulness for Beginners you are invited to learn how to transform your connection to the method you believe, feel, love, function, and play– and thereby awaken to and also embody more completely that you truly are.
Right here, the teacher, scientist, as well as clinician who initially showed the advantages of mindfulness within mainstream Western medication supplies a publication that you can use in 3 one-of-a-kind methods: as a collection of reflections as well as techniques to be opened and also discovered at random; as a lighting and also interesting start-to-finish read; or as an unraveling "lesson-a-day" primer on mindfulness technique.
Starting as well as long-time meditators alike will certainly uncover in these web pages a valuable distillation of the crucial perspectives and also important techniques that Jon Kabat-Zinn has actually discovered most beneficial with his students, consisting of:
– Why heartfulness is identified with real mindfulness
– The worth of coming back to our bodies as well as to our senses over as well as over once again
– How our thoughts "self-liberate" when touched by understanding
– Moving beyond our "tale" into direct experience
– Stabilizing our attention and also visibility amidst everyday activities
– Three fundamental mental factors that cause suffering
– How mindfulness heals, also after the reality
– Reclaiming our integrity, and much more
The prescription for living a more conscious life seems basic sufficient: return your recognition again and again to whatever is going on. However if you've attempted it, you understand that below is where all the questions and challenges really begin. Mindfulness for Beginners gives welcome answers, insights, as well as instruction to assist us make that change, moment by minute, into a more large, clear, dependable, as well as caring connection with ourselves and also the world.
Includes a full CD with 5 directed mindfulness meditations by Jon Kabat-Zinn, selected from the audio program that motivated this publication.
- Paperback: 184 pages
- Publisher: Sounds True; Reprint edition (July 1, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781622036677
- ISBN-13: 978-1622036677
- ASIN: 1622036670
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 0.6 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 8.5 ounces