Product review for Mindsight: The New Science of Personal Transformation
Transform Your Mind, Change Your Brain
Mindsight (Book and Gimmicks) by Andreu – Book
Ep. 89: Craig Ballantyne: The 5 Pillars Of Personal Transformation
Born to be Good: The Science of a Meaningful Life
Twenty-first Century Neuroscience: From Lab and Clinic to Home, School and Office
The Extended Mind: Recent Experimental Evidence
Why Does My Brain Sleep?
Theory and Practice of Cryptography
Tony Schwartz | Talks at Google
Fun is the Future: Mastering Gamification
From a pioneer in the area of mental health comes a cutting-edge publication on the recovery power of "mindsight," the powerful ability that allows you to make favorable changes in your mind– and in your life.
Foreword by Daniel Goleman, author of Emotional Intelligence
– Is there a memory that tortures you, or an unreasonable anxiety you can't shake?
– Do you in some cases come to be unreasonably angry or dismayed and also locate it hard to calm down?
– Do you ever before question why you can not quit acting the way you do, despite just how hard you attempt?
– Are you as well as your kid (or moms and dad, companion, or boss) secured an apparently unavoidable pattern of conflict?
What if you could escape traps like these and also live a fuller, richer, happier life? This isn't simple conjecture but the result of twenty-five years of cautious hands-on clinical work by Daniel J. Siegel, M.D. A Harvard-trained medical professional, Dr. Siegel is one of the advanced global pioneers in the combination of mind scientific research into the method of psychotherapy. Making use of case histories from his practice, he demonstrates how, by adhering to the correct steps, nearly everyone can discover how to concentrate their interest on the inner world of the mind in such a way that will literally transform the circuitry as well as design of their mind.
Through his synthesis of a wide series of clinical research with applications to daily life, Dr. Siegel has actually created unique techniques that have helped numerous people. And currently he has composed the first book that will aid all of us recognize the capacity we have to produce our own lives. Revealing us mindsight at work, Dr. Siegel describes
– a sixteen-year-old kid with bipolar illness who uses meditation as well as various other strategies rather than medications to relax the psychological tornados that made him self-destructive
– a female disabled by anxiety, who uses mindsight to find, in a subconscious memory of a childhood years mishap, the source of her dread
– a medical professional– the writer himself– that pays attention to his instinct, which he experiences as a "obscure, worried feeling in my stubborn belly, a gnawing uneasyness in my heart as well as my digestive tract," as well as tracks down a patient who could have gone deaf because of an inaccurately written prescription for an ear infection
– a twelve-year-old lady with OCD that learns a meditation that is "like seeing myself from outdoors myself" and also, utilizing a form of internal discussion, has the ability to stop the compulsive behaviors that have actually been tormenting her
These and also numerous other amazing tales highlight how mindsight can help us master our emotions, heal our relationships, and reach our max potential.
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Publisher: Bantam; Reprint edition (December 28, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0553386395
- ISBN-13: 978-0553386394
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces