Product review for Nodding Off: The Science of Sleep from Cradle to Grave
HOW TO ANALYZE PEOPLE ON SIGHT – FULL AudioBook – Human Analysis, Psychology, Body Language
HOW TO ANALYZE PEOPLE ON SIGHT | Audiobook with subtitles | Human Analysis, Psychology
The History of Mr. Polly Audiobook by H. G. Wells | Audiobook with subtitles
Walden Audiobook by Henry David Thoreau | Audiobooks Youtube Free | Part 2
Jane Eyre Audiobook by Charlotte Bronte | Audiobooks Youtube Free | Part 1
DADDY LONG LEGS by Jean Webster | Full Audiobook with subtitles
David Copperfield Audiobook by Charles Dickens | Audiobook with Subtitles | Part 2
State of the Union 2019 and Democratic response in full
Walden Audiobook by Henry David Thoreau | Audiobook with subtitles| Part 2
Jane Eyre Audiobook by Charlotte Brontë | Audio book with subtitles | P2 of 2
Sleep is vital to the way we learn, remember and forget, to how we feel about family and partners, our wellbeing, and our mental and physical health. It is essential for life itself. In Nodding Off, renowned sleep researcher Alice Gregory explores every aspect of sleep, from the different stages of sleep and how our sleeping patterns change throughout our lives, to what happens when things go wrong and getting some shut-eye becomes more of a trial than a pleasure.
Using cutting-edge findings in the field, Gregory tackles the big questions, such as:
– How do things that happen before we are even born affect our sleep?
– What sleep problems should raise a red flag in children?
– How do genes influence the way we sleep?
– What are the consequences of sleep problems in the elderly?
– Why are scientists turning to sleep disorders such as sleep paralysis to try to understand paranormal experiences?
Most of us spend a large portion of our lives asleep without ever thinking about why we do this. Nodding Off lifts the lid on this mysterious and universal past time. It examines all of the biggest sleep secrets, and Professor Gregory provides solutions to some of the common sleep problems that people suffer throughout their lives.
- Hardcover: 304 pages
- Publisher: Bloomsbury Sigma (August 14, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1472946189
- ISBN-13: 978-1472946188
- Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 1.1 x 8.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 14.9 ounces