Product review for Men Like Us : The Gmhc Complete Guide to Gay Men’s Sexual, Physical, and Emotional Well-Being
THE DEFINITIVE RESOURCE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF GAY MEN'S SEXUAL, PHYSICAL, AND EMOTIONAL LIVES, this indispensable, landmark book will empower you to take charge of your health, your relationships, and your life.
For nearly two decades, Gay Men's Health Crisis (GMHC), the world's largest and most respected not-for-profit AIDS service organization, has provided vital support, education, and health information to gay men in the New York City area. Now, with Men Like Us, their guidance–and the insights of hundreds of gay men across America–can help you. Practical, down-to-earth, and accessible, this authoritative health resource covers such topics as
– Finding Doctor Right
– Your sex life vs. the rest of your life
– Sexually transmitted diseases: How to protect yourself, tell if you have them, and treat them
– 5 tests and vaccines no gay man should go without
– Guidelines for gay couples: Rekindling romance in long-term relationships
– Aging well: Strategies for mind and body
– An AIDS primer: Choices for the newly infected; antiviral drugs and how they work; deciding when to start antiviral therapy; determining if your therapy is working; and what to do if it's not
– Spirituality: Waking up inside; working for the gay good
– Mental matters: Meditation; stress reduction; finding a therapist; dealing with depression, anxiety, and psychotropic medications
Filled with expert advice–from leading doctors, lawyers, therapists, and fitness instructors to "ordinary gay men" whose stories provide important voices of experience–Men Like Us opens a window onto the ways we gay men, in all our diversity, care for ourselves and each other.