Product review for The Macrobiotic Kitchen in Ten Easy Steps
When you have a greater connection to your food, you have more power to control your health and your environment. The step-by-step approach for this book was developed over years of experience in macrobiotic counseling and teaching by the authors, and is most helpful in achieving a lasting, health-supportive lifestyle.
This exciting collaboration between globally acclaimed macrobiotic teacher Michio Kushi and one of his senior students (and daughter-in-law) Gabriele Kushi will guide and support you as you learn to skillfully employ many techniques to help you enjoy all the essential natural and whole food groups in each season.
• The Macrobiotic Kitchen in Ten Easy Steps supports healthy daily eating practices and offers suggestions for family meals as well as workable lifestyle solutions.
• In addition to plans for regular meals, guidelines are included for healing meals that provide inspiration for a lifetime of wellness.
• The book contains inspirational color photos of many dishes, as well as illustrations and charts that explain cooking techniques on how to prepare dishes for all seasons.
• Vegan and gluten-free recipes as well as recommendations for suitable food proportions provide an easy way to create delicious, yin-yang balanced meals.
• The authors clarify the unique macrobiotic wellness approach and profound holistic system of living in harmony with nature in relation to seasonal, local, and sustainable food and lifestyle choices.
• This book also provides a significant amount of up-to-date, peer-reviewed scientific documentation that supports major macrobiotic teachings on health and nutrition.
About the Authors:
Gabriele Kushi, BFA, MEA, HC, AADP, a board-certified holistic health practitioner, certified macrobiotic counselor, cooking instructor, and yoga teacher, is often quoted in the media. She received the 2009 Aveline Kushi award for her 40+ years of work in macrobiotics. The excellent long-distance wellness and coaching programs via Skype that accompany her books The Macrobiotic Kitchen in 10 Easy Steps (with Michio Kushi) and Embracing Menopause Naturally, as well as her many macrobiotic natural foods cooking DVDs, offer worldwide opportunities to personally study with Gabriele. For further information, visit www.kushiskitchen.com.
Michio Kushi: Michio Kushi, the late distinguished teacher of the international macrobiotic community since the 1960s, is the author of dozens of world-renowned books. Kushi received the Award of Excellence from the United Nations Society of Writers. In recognition of his role in launching the modern health and diet revolution, the Smithsonian Institution opened a permanent Kushi Family Collection on Macrobiotics and Alternative Heath Care in 1999. This work with Gabriele Kushi is his last literary contribution to a global health revolution.
"I love this book. It's not just that Michio has participated in it. It's also because a woman who has real experience in day-to-day macrobiotic cooking and has raised a child as well as taught macrobiotics to large numbers of people wrote it. The book very clearly addresses what macrobiotics is and how to bring these ideas to everyday life." Mayumi Niimi, Madonna's private macrobiotic chef; author of Mayumi's Kitchen: Macrobiotic Cooking for Body and Soul.